|On July 1st, 2018 Canada became the fifth “home country” in the Airbus family, the first outside of Europe. Canadian aerospace suppliers now have better access to the Airbus global supply chain – worth $82 billion in contracts annually – extending across all of Airbus’ business lines and products, in both civil and military aviation.
The objective of this seminar is for Canadian aerospace suppliers to gain a solid understanding of the market and its opportunities, expectations and requirements. You will also learn about fundamental procurement processes within the Airbus Supply Chain and what you can do to enhance your value proposition.
11:45 – Noon – Arrival & Registration
Noon – 1:00 pm – Networking Lunch
1:00 – 1:10 pm – Introduction
1:10 – 3:00 pm – Seminar:
- Market and Opportunities: Airbus and its Supply Chain, what are they looking for?
- Rules and Regulations: Do we need European approvals for delivering into the Airbus Supply Chain?
- From Call-for-Tender to Contract: Requirements before, during and after the bidding process
- Supplier Assessments: Will we have to go through a supplier assessment?
3:00 – 3:20 pm – Networking Break
3:20 – 4:45 pm – Seminar:
- Business Development: How do we find potential clients in the Airbus Supply Chain?
- Marketing and Sales: How can we enhance our value proposition?
- Summary and Next Steps: Where to go from here?
3:20 – 4:45 pm – Closing remarks
Potential and existing Canadian aerospace suppliers
Holger Heckel, Founder of AVERA Consulting Inc.
and Associate Partner of AirBusiness Academy
Holger has more than 20 years of consulting experience with a focus on Operational Excellence in a variety of industries. He holds a degree in Industrial Engineering and is a certified Continuous Improvement Coach in Production and Logistics.
He is the founder of AVERA Consulting Inc., www.avera.ca specializing in Aerospace Supply Chain Development and Improvement programs. He also holds the position of an Associate Trainer and Senior Consultant at AirBusiness Academy, an Airbus company. He is involved in Delivery and Business Development of Supply Chain Improvement Initiatives, including the award-winning “Be an Airbus Supplier” program.